An Honest Socialist That Is Not Always So Honest
Ramon Arias | February 15, 2016
Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont, a current presidential candidate for 2016, doesn't hide his ideological socialist/communist worldview. He is upfront and honest, not like so many Democrats and some Republicans that hide their real socialist populism until all their decisions expose their ideology and gives them away.
Sanders is looking at Europe’s democratic socialist governments to sell his ideas for the new United Socialist States of America; he is thunderous at proclaiming it. As a Marxist/Socialist/Communist, he promotes that the government should take care of people from the cradle to the grave. This will be accomplished by the welfare state, free primary public goods, high tax rates, redistribution of wealth, regulation of most economic sectors, financial regulation, environmental regulation, free higher education, free childcare, free healthcare, and just about everything is free. Should we wonder why young people and millions more are gravitating towards him?
How is the social paradise working for Europe? The truth is, it’s not working, and European countries are now taking steps to move away from the disastrous socialist worldview. In its place, they are now moving toward Europe neoliberalism, whose main goal is to redistribute money with a little fewer regulations for businesses.
Before we jump for joy in thinking that America is far removed from the European socialist's bug, think about the one trillion dollars our government spent last year on welfare aid in cash, food, housing, medical care, social service and the food stamp program which is the largest of the welfare programs. If you don't think this is a horrific problem, think again because America cannot sustain it indefinitely. At some point, it will crash our economy.
The state of Maine now requires adults without children that want food stamps to work. The Republican Governor Paul LePage has reduced the food stamps recipients by a considerable percentage. The Daily Signal has a report on how the governor is reducing this program. In the same article, the following statistics are given about the number of food stamp recipients nationally:
The number of food stamp recipients has risen dramatically, from 17.2 million in 2000 to 45.8 million in 2015. Costs have soared over the same period, from $20.7 billion in 2000 to $83.1 billion in 2014.
The most rapid growth in the food stamp caseload in recent years has been among able-bodied adults without dependents (ABAWDs). These are work-capable adult recipients between the ages of 18 and 49 who do not have children or other dependents to support. 1
Sanders may be somewhat honest about his socialist ideas, even though he does not live as "one of the people”, which is typical of those who advocate socialism, they think socialism is not for the ruling elite and their cronies. Those who are not willing to understand the evils of socialism will always be willing to keep their leaders in power as long as they continue to promise and give them “free” stuff. Do you believe the fairytale of free stuff? If you do, don't! Someone has to pay for all the open-handed generosity of the state.
Most Americans want to believe and proclaim that this is the land of the free and the home of the brave. The question is, are we free and brave, or has that changed within the last 200 years or so?
The undeniable facts are there to prove that America has moved away from the biblical worldview and has, knowingly or unknowingly, embraced the ideas of Karl Marx’s worldview.
There was a time in America’s foundation that it was of the utmost importance to embrace God's Ten Commandments, (Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV):
- I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me
- You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
- You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
- Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.
Compare Karl Marx’s Ten Planks, to supposedly create paradise on earth, with the Ten Commandments. The planks highlighted in red have already been implemented in this country:
- Abolition of Property in Land and Application of all Rents of Land to Public Purpose.
- A Heavy Progressive or Graduated Income Tax.
- Abolition of All Rights of Inheritance.
- Confiscation of the Property of All Emigrants and Rebels.
- Centralization of Credit in the Hands of the State, by Means of a National Bank with State Capital and an Exclusive Monopoly.
- Centralization of the Means of Communication and Transport in the Hands of the State.
- Extension of Factories and Instruments of Production Owned by the State, the Bringing Into Cultivation of Waste Lands, and the Improvement of the Soil Generally in Accordance with a Common Plan.
- Equal Liability of All to Labor. Establishment of Industrial Armies, Especially for Agriculture.
- Combination of Agriculture with Manufacturing Industries; Gradual Abolition of the Distinction Between Town and Country by a More Equable Distribution of the Population over the Country.
- Free Education for All Children in Public Schools. Abolition of Children's Factory Labor in its Present Form. Combination of Education with Industrial Production.
God's Commandments promote freedom, productivity, and charity through self-government of the individual and society. They set the foundation for us for a proper relationship with God and others, and the responsibility of removing poverty according to His laws and the proper care of the earth.
Karl Marx’s "Ten Planks" promote the destruction of any biblical foundation and traditional family unit. The Marxist planks exalt state power over people, which always lead to slavery and destruction. As you can see, the planks highlighted in red in the list above, give us the reality of how widespread Communism is in America and how their devastating effects have dumbed down most of the people’s mind.
We can reverse this trend of our national collapse if we dare to do our part to restore her original biblical foundation.
In every election, we must filter the candidate’s ideas by learning their convictions and worldview. It is not enough to hear their words to arrive at a conclusion about their honesty.